Self care is a deliberate activity that we do to take care of our mental, physical, emotional and spiritual health. As women and/or mothers, we often don’t make time for ourselves, and its not that we don’t want to. A lot of times we just don’t have the time. And even still, getting a massage or even a mani and pedi can add up. Not that I don’t think we deserve spending money on ourselves. But let’s be real, sometimes we are just that broke.
But no need to fear. I’ve found a great recipe for a Therapeutic Lavender Oat scrub by Kristin Prough that you can make right in your kitchen and it smells amazing. The main ingredient is steel cut oats, however if you’re broke you may need to save your oats for breakfast instead of a scrub for your face. Lol. Anyway enjoy the recipe below and let me know what you think.
(Before you make this scrub, please make sure you’re not allergic to any of the ingredients, then get an allergic reaction and then blame me. I have no money. That’s my disclaimer. Lol!)
Therapeutic LAVENDER OAT SCRUB
- Sugar: to help with exfoliation.
- Oils: to help hydrate.
- Oatmeal: to help alleviate any irritation.
- Ground Lavender buds are optional but hey do make you feel like you’re at a real spa, instead of bent over your kitchen sink while your toddler screams in the background or the rice is burning on the stove.
Here’s what you will need:
- 1 cup of steel cut oats
- A blender or food processor
- 1tb dried lavender buds (you can get these from any apothecary store or online)
- Mortar and pestle (or anything you can improvise with)
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1tb sweet almond oil
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 1tb coconut oil
- lavender, essential oil
- a bowl
- airtight jar or container
- Add the steel cut oats to a blender or food processor and pulse until the oats have a powder-like texture.
- Grind the lavender buds into a powder using the mortar and pestle.
- Combine the oats, flowers, sugar and oils together in a bowl.
- Store in an airtight jar or container
Use as needed for self love day, just don’t forgot to label it so your kids don’t eat it (it might not kill them as all the ingredients are natural) but it was made for your self care day for your body, so don’t eat it!!!